- The wave of Keratin Hair Treatments has swept the nation! Many people are running to their neighborhood hair salon to achieve flawless, smooth, manageable hair. The problem now is that some clients have experienced hair loss after multiple Brazilian Keratin Treatments. Hair is made up of Keratin, which is a protein. In order to maintain a healthy head of hair, while also straightening it, you need to ensure that there is a high enough level of keratin in your hair.
- While Keratin Treatments are meant to maintain that healthy head of hair, just like most other things on earth? too much keratin can cause damage and or shedding of the hair. However, a few steps can be taken to help prevent any possible damage.
- About a week before you receive your Brazilian Keratin Treatment, use a deep oil treatment. Products such as these can be found at any retailer selling hair products. A deep oil treatment will help to keep your hair moisturized enough that the Keratin Treatment will not dry it out. Upon arrival at your salon, request a formaldehyde free formula.
- If the treatment does contain any formaldehyde, be sure that it is less than .2 percent.This is the safest suggested amount in any Keratin Treatment.
- The tools that are used in the process are also a factor as well.
- After applying the Brazilian Keratin Treatment, the product needs to be sealed into the hair.
- Be sure that the flat iron is kept at 450 degrees or higher. Although this is hotter than a standard flat iron, it is absolutely necessary to complete the process properly. Being that the iron needs to be so hot, it is also suggested that a quality flat iron containing titanium plates is used. These titanium plates are capable of withstanding the extreme heat that is needed for this process.
What Causes Hair Loss: Treatments and Solutions
Are you presenting hair loss and do not know what else to do?
- Hair loss is a condition that affects males and females equally. However, there are natural solutions to minimize and even treat the effects of hair loss.?The most common causes of hair loss is inadequate nutrition, folic acid, all of which have to do with age, stress, hormonal changes, poor blood circulation in the scalp, excessive dandruff or hair bit strong.?Generally, the solution tends to undergo a nutritional adequacy of life style, and the use of some natural methods that can be easily adopted to decrease the symptoms of loss of hair.
Q: On average, how many hairs do we lose on a daily basis? 40? 90? 180?
- Each person?s hair is unique and too many variable factors come into consideration. You will find elements that will enable you to determine whether or not YOUR hair loss is pathological. Most people lose about 50 to 100 head hairs daily, this amount of hair loss is totally normal and no cause for worry. If you?re losing more than that, though, something might be wrong. If you have hair loss and don?t know what?s causing it, talk to your doctor.
Hair constantly renews itself, it has a life cycle. When a hair dies, another replaces it and makes it fall. It is therefore normal that you lose some hair every day. The life cycle of the hair is approximately 4 years. There are 3 stages of that life cycle: growth, rest and fall (shed).
- The Growth Stage: lasts approximately 4 years (90% of the hair is on that stage)
- The Rest Stage: 1% is in the resting phase
- The Rest Fall (shad) Stage: about 10% drop in this stage, which lasts from 2 to 3 months
Why, after all, the hair falls?
- Besides genetics and specific diseases of the scalp, such as seborrhea dermatitis (dandruff), other factors may trigger the problem. If there is a genetic predisposition and the fall is continuous, we must look for the internal and external causes.
- Telogen effluvium?occurs when sudden or severe stress causes an increase in the shedding of the hair. This condition is common and temporary.
- Inappropriate use of cosmetics?- can lead to a fall by a hypersensitivity to the product (even good quality), the very frequent or prolonged use. Frequent brushes are not recommended, as well as chemical processes.
- Hereditary factor ? called androgenic alopecia, is the most common cause of hair loss in men, but can occur in women
- Alopecia areata?- is a medical condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body, usually from the scalp. Well defined areas of bald spots are approximately 2 cm in diameter. The cause is not always known (stress may be implicated) and usually reverses spontaneously.
- Flu, high fevers, infections ? hair loss usually occurs 3 to 4 weeks after the events.
- Surgery?– fall is more common threads 1 to 6 months after any surgery, such as liposuction, for example.
- Thyroidopathies?- both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism may present with hair loss. Treatment of thyroid problem leads to the improvement of the hair.
- Inappropriate diet?- weight loss diets should be individualized and well balanced, otherwise it can cause significant hair loss. The most common problems related to diet and hair loss are lack of protein and iron.
- Trichotillomania?- some people pull hairs without notice. Psychological support may be needed in such cases.
Other Hair Loss reasons:
- Postpartum:?during pregnancy lost hairs less than usual, but after delivery a larger drop occurs over a period of 2 to 3 months.
- High fever, infection and cooling strong:?in a period ranging from 4 weeks to 3 months after the development of these tables can be hair loss
- Drugs:?some drugs prescribed for the treatment of arthritis, depression, heart problems, hypertension and anemia can cause temporary hair shedding in a small group of people.
- Birth control pills: if this fall does occur, the user should consult your gynecologist in an attempt to replace the contraceptive used
- Low level of iron in the body:?iron deficiency can also lead to hair loss. Detected through laboratory tests and corrected by the use of pills or medications containing iron.
- Chemotherapy:?Anticancer chemotherapies kill every dividing cell,
- Hereditary Baldness: women with this ?feature? develop thinning hair, not becoming completely bald. There is no cure, but drug treatments have become available recently.
Natural Hair Loss Treatment
- Intensify diet with more foods rich in iron such as ?broccoli or brewer?s yeast that can actually help reverse some forms of hair loss.
- Increased consumption of fish, particularly salmon as salmon and fish in general, nuts, soy and Canola oil is the treatment of symptoms of hair loss.
- Increasing the amount of vitamin B12. This includes eggs, meat and poultry. A good option is also the use of vitamin supplements to restore levels vitamin and improve symptoms of hair loss.
- Biotin -?is important for not only your hair but also your body. Biotin helps turn the food you eat into energy available in foods like liver and egg yolk.
- Green Tea ? influence blood concentrations of hormones genetically linked to hair loss (known as androgenetic alopecia drinking green tea can increase levels of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) in women, which can lead to less testosterone in the bloodstream, favoring blocking hormonal activity responsible the beginning of some forms of hair loss.
- Cut your hair shorter and more often, especially if male. Cut your hair often make the hair stronger and promotes increased blood circulation in the scalp.
- Always rinse your hair well with organic non preservative shampoo.?The composition of this shampoo has far fewer chemical residues that traditional shampoo. (See organic hair care such as: Green Clay & Andiroba or Green Clay, Jaborandi & Avocado shampoo by Jean De Perle Paris).
- Massaging the scalp with coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel for at least 15m aid blood circulation in the scalp and prevents hair loss.
- Drink a cup of lettuce and spinach juice daily. This vitamin supplement strongly promotes the prevention of hair loss.
- Regular use of castor oil as hair oil prevents hair loss.
- Apply a warm teaspoon of olive oil, honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder on the scalp before bath for 15 minutes for it to act. The oil will moisturizes and nourishes the skin, the honey acts as pore cleansing for better respiration of the scalp, and cinnamon nourishes and strengthens hair growth.
My grandmother recipes for hair loss:
- Mulberry Tea
- Make a tea with two spoons of chopped mulberry leaves, which can be found in the homes of natural products, and apply on the scalp with the help of cotton. Massage the head of delicate shape and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash your hair normally.
- When using this recipe, you should avoid sun exposure on the same day.
- Apply it twice a week.
- Cucumber juice:
Add sliced washed cucumber and with washed lettuce leaves into a blender, add 200ml of mineral water. After well blend, the juice is ready to drink.
It is recommended to drink a glass on an empty stomach every morning (fasting).
500 grams of lettuce
1 green or cider apple
2 cups of water
Wash the lettuce leaves and place in blender. Peel the apples, remove the seeds and add to blender along with the water. Beat all for about 3 minutes and is ready to be consumed.
The lettuce helps in hair growth because it sends nutrients that work in the formation of hair, directly to the roots of the hair, stimulating its growt