5 Tips for Preventing Split Ends
Yes gorgeous, you must cut your hair. A little trim here and there will prevent those split ends from creeping up to the rest of the hair.
Put in a leave-in conditioner such as Unex Leave-in Conditioner , to add moisture and protect the hair from heat styling.
Nurture your ends with a nutritional oil such as Unex Hair Serum , Unex Argan Oil , to keep them hydrated and strong.
Allow you hair to air dry prior to blow drying.
Do a deep leave in conditioning treatment once a week, to restore the hair from the daily use of product and styling. We recommend Unex Deep Mask to keep your hair looking at its best all year round.
Morocco’s Miracle: Argan Oil
Native specifically to Morocco, Argan oil is one of nature’s most rare oils. During the last few years, Argan Oil has become more and more popular, but it has been used for centuries and is a staple of everyday life in Morocco. It has a wide variety of uses from cuisine to hair products and is also used for some topical purposes such as a salve for skin irritations and bug bites. Argan Oil is harvested by extracting the oil from the seed of the Argan fruit. It is collected, pressed, and purified to retail the fruit’s natural compounds that can be used “as is” or added to various products to enhance their benefits. Today, Argan oil is mostly used as an amazing moisturizer for hair and skin.
Unex Keratin’s Moroccan Miracle hair products are formulated with pure Argan oil, which is used to condition and revitalize hair. With its natural anti-aging properties and tocopherols (vitamin E), it also moisturizes and protects hair from free radicals and fights frizz. TK’s Moroccan Miracle line includes Moroccan Miracle Conditioner, Moroccan Miracle Shampoo, Moroccan Miracle Leave-In Mist, Moroccan Miracle Hair Serum and Moroccan Miracle Leave-In Crème.
Both the Moroccan Miracle Shampoo and Conditioner are used to replenish and hydrate hair that has been weakened or damaged by color, bleaching, chemical processing, and heat styling. These products gently cleanse and restore your hair’s natural luster and shine all the while preserving the health and vibrancy of the hair. Used together, your hair is perfectly prepped for the following leave-in products that will finish off your sleek and shiny look.
The Moroccan Miracle Aftercare products are used to continuously control your desired style and create ample shine. First, the Leave-In Mist is used to protect and renew your hair’s vitality. This mist penetrates deep into each and every follicle ensuring your hair’s natural vibrancy is restored. This mist has been designed to nourish the cuticle prior to styling or to revive and refresh dull and damaged hair.
The Hair Serum is used to hydrate and nourish the hair while restoring elasticity and strength. This serum is perfect for styling and finishing as is creates a luminous shine and caressable softness. It is also anti-frizz; it detangles, repairs and prevents split ends. The Leave-in Crème is used to create long lasting blowouts for up to 4 days! It also boosts moisture, elasticity, and overall radiance.
The Moroccan Miracles line is set apart because of its main ingredient: Argan oil. Argan Oil has the powerful nutrition your hair needs to maintain your desired styles while keeping your hair healthy. Including these products into your daily regime will prevent future damage that can come from using products that contain harsh salts and parabens. If you are looking for a way to transform your damaged and frizz-prone hair into luscious, healthy and soft hair, then TK’s Moroccan Miracle Line is definitely for you
Why Ingredients Matter
The world we live in today is much different than 20 years ago. Unfortunately, many products and companies do not use wholesome ingredients but instead use sulfates, parabens and harsh chemicals. If you turn your favorite product around to read the back of the container, can you name and pronounce anything on the list? Unfortunately many cannot. Your skin is your largest organ and what you put onto it is very important. This includes your hair and scalp. As we move into the rapid digital age, it has become easier to identify great products and confirm the ethics behind them and, most significantly, their ingredients.
True Keratin uses a variety if wholesome ingredients in all of our products, from where our keratin is procured to where we get our fruit and essential oils. Each person we work with holds their ethical standards high for fresh and ripe products. They also take into consideration our ecological footprint. We believe that only using Certified Organic Ingredients is important and sets us apart from the cluttered hair care lines today.
These are some of our favorite fruit ingredients. They are hand selected to keep your hair looking gorgeous and feeling healthy.
This little purple berry has the best combination of minerals and amino acids that help strengthen the hair. It is rich in Protein, Vitamins A, B1, E and C, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids, fibers and enzymes.
Raspberries are not only delicious in taste, but they also have major benefits for your hair. Rich in vitamins and antioxidant, raspberries promote healthy and shiny hair.
This vital extract rejuvenates the hair and improves elasticity and texture. Rich in Vitamin E, it eliminates free radicals to produce healthy oils in the scalp.
Mandarin is an exotic fruit that helps maintain the moisture and protein balance in hair. It adds sheen to dull hair and controls frizz. Each and every fruit we select to be in our products has a special purpose and adds a subtle fragrance so your hair can smell amazing while the fruits rich oils penetrate deeply to activate healthy and shiny hair. Choosing products that have ethical and healthy ingredients is the first step in making manufacturers more accountable. When we refuse to buy products with unethical and toxic ingredients we create a demand for productshealthy and eco friendly. Consequently we are doing our part to leave a fruitful earth for future generations.
- Being pregnant is a joyous time in a woman?s life. However, there are a few things that aren?t necessarily good for you during this time and one of those things is treating your hair. From coloring to straightening, the chemicals aren?t recommended for women who are pregnant. Fortunately there is a Keratin Treatment for all types of hair: even pregnant women can use it.
- Most hair straightening products use toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde and lye. These are chemicals that are not only irritants to the skin, hair and scalp but can cause respiratory irritations. With Argan Therapy, you no longer have to worry about what chemicals are in your hair straightener because it simpy does not have any; it uses argan oil extract, amino acids and white clay. Best of all, it has a neutral pH which means anyone can use it on their hair from children to pregnant women.
- Not only is Argan Therapy all natural, the ingredients are helpful to the skin, hair and scalp. Amino acids in this straightening product are a vitamin that is found in the skin, hair, & fingernails. This vitamin has a wealth of benefits such as helping prevent hair loss, promoting hair growth and making the hair?s texture better.
- Now you have a choice and don?t have to wait for months to straighten your hair. You can use an all-natural product that is not only safe to use but actually helps your hair as well, which means you can look even more beautiful during your pregnancy.
- If you are ready to place an order or have questions we can help you with, simply contact us and we?ll be more than happy to assist you.
- There are several reasons that salons should offer a natural keratin treatment to their clients Wish means they will Offer Unex Argan Therapy . If you?re considering expanding your client services be sure to evaluate the following three important benefits that Unex Argan Therapy can provide for your clients.
- ?Provides the highest quality treatments to your clients: Unex Argan Therapy is a way to naturally straighten hair without drying or breaking it. This natural keratin hair treatment is effective because it uses natural ingredients, pure argan oil extract , primarily organic white clay and amino acids such as l-cysteine, keratin, and silicones, instead of harsh chemicals that come from traditional hair relaxers. The high mineral content of white clay, coupled with the fact that it has a neutral pH, means it is non-toxic and safe for clients of all ages and in all stages of life.
- ?Creates a fume-free working environment: One of the most significant benefits of the argan therapy is that is does away with the harsh fumes and toxins that, unfortunately, accompany standard chemical hair straightening treatments. Both your clients and your staff will appreciate the safer work environment that is created by lessened exposure to the allergens or toxins that accompany standard hair treatments.
- ?Simplifies the treatment process: Unex argan therapy is the simplest hair treatment on the market. The process can be completed quickly and naturally and is so effective that hair can be washed the same day. No more waiting 2 or 3 days to wash the hair. Clients love the instant, long-lasting results and the flexibility to add color to their treated hair within just a few days.
- Curious to know more about this natural keratin treatment? Contact us to learn more about Unex Treatments or visit wwwunexkeratin.com for more information. If your interested in trying out unex argan therapy we have a Salon 250 ml (8oz) trial kit available, call us at +1 732-230-7552 to learn more.
- In other articles, I?ve explained what you should know before getting any kind of Keratin or Brazilian Keratin Treatment, as well as how the process itself works. This time around I will be going into detail about the after-care of these Keratin Treatments.
- Regardless of what type of Keratin treatment you use, IN the 3 Days Formula, it is generally agreed that there is a basic after care .
- Initially after the treatment, you are not to get your hair wet by any means for at least 24 hours! This includes swimming, washing your hair, or exercising which produces sweat on the scalp.
- If you do want to go swimming, especially in chlorinated or salt water, take these precautionary steps.
- You can either soak the hair in clear water before (pre-saturating the hair helps to avoid any other liquid being absorbed.) and rinsing in clear water after, or you can apply a leave in conditioner.
- This doesn?t make a large difference in saving your freshly done hair, but it can be helpful.
- You also can not tuck hair behind ears, use pins or clips, or put into a ponytail. Doing such things will put creases into your freshly done hair.
- If you do happen to notice an unwanted wave or crimp, immediately blow dry and/or flat iron that piece until smooth.
- It is also emphasized that you should avoid using any type of product considering your Brazilian Keratin Treatment has already eliminated most of the frizz and fly a ways.
- If you are going to use any hair products, make sure they do not have alcohol, sodium chloride and sulfates.
- These additives can possibly strip the cuticle, as well as the keratin and moisture from within the hair which will speed the process in which the effects of the Keratin Treatment will wear off. It is also necessary to use a specific shampoo and conditioner when it does come time to wash your hair.
- Products without sodium chloride are ideal to maintain your Brazilian Keratin Treatment as long as possible.Unex Smoothing Argan Post Shampoo & Conditioner from Unex Professional?s line of products is ideal for keeping your Brazilian Treatment long lasting.
- Hair is made up mainly of proteins and is pretty strong stuff. However, chemical processes can weaken your hair and cause it to break. In this article I?ll explain how the pH of hair products can affect your hair?s condition and how you can avoid unnecessary damage. The structure of the hair is made of two main parts. The outer layer, called the cuticle consists of overlapping scales which protect the cortex underneath. When your hair becomes damaged the scales of the cuticle can stand out or break off, exposing the cortex and making your hair feel dryer and harder to brush.
- ?The cortex which is in the inner region of the hair is made of a string of proteins and gives the hair it?s strength and elasticity. This is why damaged hair does not return to shape or even snaps when stretched. The cortex is where melanin (which denotes your natural hair color) can be found. For this reason most hair colors will need to penetrate to the cortex in order to change your hair color. You can measure the pH of anything that is water soluble.
- The pH indicates how acid or alkaline a substance is. The scale ranges from 0 to 14 with 0 being a very strong acid and 14 being a very strong alkali (aka a base). Both strong acids and alkalis should be avoided as they will burn skin. Water has a pH of around 7, as does Peroxide and most shampoos. Lemon Juice and Vinegar, both acids, have a pH of around 2 or 3 and baking soda, an alkali, has a pH of around 8 or 9. Hair Colors are Usually Alkaline
- Ever since the introduction of Keratin Hair Treatments years ago, a debate has arisen in the African American community. Is one treatment better than the other? In this article I will give you the information you need to make your own decision.
So What Is The Difference?
- Traditional Relaxers and Brazilian Keratin Treatments (BKT) both have the same end-game? to provide straight hair. However, they both go about it in a different way. Relaxers for black hair typically use harsh chemicals such as ammonium thioglycolate and sodium hydroxide. This additive can lead to hair breakage and if not properly applied, a relaxer can irritate and/or burn the scalp as well as damaging the hair itself. Keratin Hair Treatments contain a protein called Keratin, which is of a similar compound found in human hair. Keratin is a natural ingredient, but be aware of any hair straightening treatment containing formaldehyde. This chemical is a carcinogen that can irritate the eyes and lungs. Older versions of this product have been tested and it has been found that the levels of formaldehyde are considered unsafe according to OSHA. Look for products that say ?All Natural? or ?Formaldehyde Free?.
- The wave of Keratin Hair Treatments has swept the nation! Many people are running to their neighborhood hair salon to achieve flawless, smooth, manageable hair. The problem now is that some clients have experienced hair loss after multiple Brazilian Keratin Treatments. Hair is made up of Keratin, which is a protein. In order to maintain a healthy head of hair, while also straightening it, you need to ensure that there is a high enough level of keratin in your hair.
- While Keratin Treatments are meant to maintain that healthy head of hair, just like most other things on earth? too much keratin can cause damage and or shedding of the hair. However, a few steps can be taken to help prevent any possible damage.
- About a week before you receive your Brazilian Keratin Treatment, use a deep oil treatment. Products such as these can be found at any retailer selling hair products. A deep oil treatment will help to keep your hair moisturized enough that the Keratin Treatment will not dry it out. Upon arrival at your salon, request a formaldehyde free formula.
- If the treatment does contain any formaldehyde, be sure that it is less than .2 percent.This is the safest suggested amount in any Keratin Treatment.
- The tools that are used in the process are also a factor as well.
- After applying the Brazilian Keratin Treatment, the product needs to be sealed into the hair.
- Be sure that the flat iron is kept at 450 degrees or higher. Although this is hotter than a standard flat iron, it is absolutely necessary to complete the process properly. Being that the iron needs to be so hot, it is also suggested that a quality flat iron containing titanium plates is used. These titanium plates are capable of withstanding the extreme heat that is needed for this process.
What Causes Hair Loss: Treatments and Solutions
Are you presenting hair loss and do not know what else to do?
- Hair loss is a condition that affects males and females equally. However, there are natural solutions to minimize and even treat the effects of hair loss.?The most common causes of hair loss is inadequate nutrition, folic acid, all of which have to do with age, stress, hormonal changes, poor blood circulation in the scalp, excessive dandruff or hair bit strong.?Generally, the solution tends to undergo a nutritional adequacy of life style, and the use of some natural methods that can be easily adopted to decrease the symptoms of loss of hair.
Q: On average, how many hairs do we lose on a daily basis? 40? 90? 180?
- Each person?s hair is unique and too many variable factors come into consideration. You will find elements that will enable you to determine whether or not YOUR hair loss is pathological. Most people lose about 50 to 100 head hairs daily, this amount of hair loss is totally normal and no cause for worry. If you?re losing more than that, though, something might be wrong. If you have hair loss and don?t know what?s causing it, talk to your doctor.
Hair constantly renews itself, it has a life cycle. When a hair dies, another replaces it and makes it fall. It is therefore normal that you lose some hair every day. The life cycle of the hair is approximately 4 years. There are 3 stages of that life cycle: growth, rest and fall (shed).
- The Growth Stage: lasts approximately 4 years (90% of the hair is on that stage)
- The Rest Stage: 1% is in the resting phase
- The Rest Fall (shad) Stage: about 10% drop in this stage, which lasts from 2 to 3 months
Why, after all, the hair falls?
- Besides genetics and specific diseases of the scalp, such as seborrhea dermatitis (dandruff), other factors may trigger the problem. If there is a genetic predisposition and the fall is continuous, we must look for the internal and external causes.
- Telogen effluvium?occurs when sudden or severe stress causes an increase in the shedding of the hair. This condition is common and temporary.
- Inappropriate use of cosmetics?- can lead to a fall by a hypersensitivity to the product (even good quality), the very frequent or prolonged use. Frequent brushes are not recommended, as well as chemical processes.
- Hereditary factor ? called androgenic alopecia, is the most common cause of hair loss in men, but can occur in women
- Alopecia areata?- is a medical condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body, usually from the scalp. Well defined areas of bald spots are approximately 2 cm in diameter. The cause is not always known (stress may be implicated) and usually reverses spontaneously.
- Flu, high fevers, infections ? hair loss usually occurs 3 to 4 weeks after the events.
- Surgery?– fall is more common threads 1 to 6 months after any surgery, such as liposuction, for example.
- Thyroidopathies?- both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism may present with hair loss. Treatment of thyroid problem leads to the improvement of the hair.
- Inappropriate diet?- weight loss diets should be individualized and well balanced, otherwise it can cause significant hair loss. The most common problems related to diet and hair loss are lack of protein and iron.
- Trichotillomania?- some people pull hairs without notice. Psychological support may be needed in such cases.
Other Hair Loss reasons:
- Postpartum:?during pregnancy lost hairs less than usual, but after delivery a larger drop occurs over a period of 2 to 3 months.
- High fever, infection and cooling strong:?in a period ranging from 4 weeks to 3 months after the development of these tables can be hair loss
- Drugs:?some drugs prescribed for the treatment of arthritis, depression, heart problems, hypertension and anemia can cause temporary hair shedding in a small group of people.
- Birth control pills: if this fall does occur, the user should consult your gynecologist in an attempt to replace the contraceptive used
- Low level of iron in the body:?iron deficiency can also lead to hair loss. Detected through laboratory tests and corrected by the use of pills or medications containing iron.
- Chemotherapy:?Anticancer chemotherapies kill every dividing cell,
- Hereditary Baldness: women with this ?feature? develop thinning hair, not becoming completely bald. There is no cure, but drug treatments have become available recently.
Natural Hair Loss Treatment
- Intensify diet with more foods rich in iron such as ?broccoli or brewer?s yeast that can actually help reverse some forms of hair loss.
- Increased consumption of fish, particularly salmon as salmon and fish in general, nuts, soy and Canola oil is the treatment of symptoms of hair loss.
- Increasing the amount of vitamin B12. This includes eggs, meat and poultry. A good option is also the use of vitamin supplements to restore levels vitamin and improve symptoms of hair loss.
- Biotin -?is important for not only your hair but also your body. Biotin helps turn the food you eat into energy available in foods like liver and egg yolk.
- Green Tea ? influence blood concentrations of hormones genetically linked to hair loss (known as androgenetic alopecia drinking green tea can increase levels of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) in women, which can lead to less testosterone in the bloodstream, favoring blocking hormonal activity responsible the beginning of some forms of hair loss.
- Cut your hair shorter and more often, especially if male. Cut your hair often make the hair stronger and promotes increased blood circulation in the scalp.
- Always rinse your hair well with organic non preservative shampoo.?The composition of this shampoo has far fewer chemical residues that traditional shampoo. (See organic hair care such as: Green Clay & Andiroba or Green Clay, Jaborandi & Avocado shampoo by Jean De Perle Paris).
- Massaging the scalp with coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel for at least 15m aid blood circulation in the scalp and prevents hair loss.
- Drink a cup of lettuce and spinach juice daily. This vitamin supplement strongly promotes the prevention of hair loss.
- Regular use of castor oil as hair oil prevents hair loss.
- Apply a warm teaspoon of olive oil, honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder on the scalp before bath for 15 minutes for it to act. The oil will moisturizes and nourishes the skin, the honey acts as pore cleansing for better respiration of the scalp, and cinnamon nourishes and strengthens hair growth.
My grandmother recipes for hair loss:
- Mulberry Tea
- Make a tea with two spoons of chopped mulberry leaves, which can be found in the homes of natural products, and apply on the scalp with the help of cotton. Massage the head of delicate shape and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash your hair normally.
- When using this recipe, you should avoid sun exposure on the same day.
- Apply it twice a week.
- Cucumber juice:
Add sliced washed cucumber and with washed lettuce leaves into a blender, add 200ml of mineral water. After well blend, the juice is ready to drink.
It is recommended to drink a glass on an empty stomach every morning (fasting).
500 grams of lettuce
1 green or cider apple
2 cups of water
Wash the lettuce leaves and place in blender. Peel the apples, remove the seeds and add to blender along with the water. Beat all for about 3 minutes and is ready to be consumed.
The lettuce helps in hair growth because it sends nutrients that work in the formation of hair, directly to the roots of the hair, stimulating its growt
- Many people have chosen to get a Brazilian Keratin Treatment, or are considering one. The reasons range from the need to control unruly frizzy hair to wanting your morning routine to take just 20 minute instead of 2 hours. Whatever the reason may be, before you sit in your stylists? chair, take the time to properly prepare your hair. It will be more than worth the while.
- First things first, when you call your salon to make your appointment be sure to ask your stylist if they have a preferred hair smoothing product. They may even have a different treatment that they would like you to apply. With some many keratin hair products on the market you may want to know which is going to be used in your hair and to understand if there are any chemicals such as formaldehyde or sodium hydroxide are being used to make the treatment last longer.
Natural Keratin Hair Treatment
- Nowadays there are chemical free hair straightening products that can offer the same results or better than hair treatments with harsh chemicals. One of such hair treatment is Argan Therapy. Argan Therapy is an all natural keratin treatment that is based on Argan oil Extract , amino acids and white clay which straightens hair naturally without the use of formaldehyde and other harsh chemicals.
- Usually, your hair stylist will suggest a specific shampoo to help maintain the keratin hair treatment to last longer without stripping the keratin from the hair. The best keratin shampoo and conditioner is one which contains an abundant of silicones and nutrients to clean the hair and rehydrate it from inside-out.
Hair Hydration Mask
- If you are considering a hair treatment that is based on chemicals you may want to prepare and strengthen your hair in advance. A good hair conditioning mask will help protect the hair from any damages that may harm your hair. We recommend Unex Argan Oil Hair Mask? You need your hair to be dampened and a towel will be the perfect medium to achieve that. Now apply your hair mask according to the instructions that come with your product. Be sure to invest in a high quality mask. This will ensure the best results. Once you have applied your hair mask, wrap your towel around your head and leave it for about 15 minutes. By doing this, you are giving the mask a chance to do its job without being affected by chemicals that are in the air. When rinsing your hair mask out, use cold water. This also helps to seal the moisture in.
- Unless your stylist says otherwise, this is a great way to ensure that your minimizing the damage a Brazilian Keratin Treatment can possibly cause. Make sure to avoid using a conditioner before and after your Keratin Treatment. This could cause your hair to react poorly to the process and it may not straighten as well as hoped.
As always, use a quality Brazilian Keratin product and if possible look for hair salons that use natural hair straightening products such as Unex extensive line of natural products. Visit their website for details and further information.